- A smartphone made with conflict-free materials (i.e., the tantalum in its capacitors isn’t soaked in the blood of Congolese children).
- Twin Peaks Theme [VERY RARE ALTERNATE 1988 VOCAL (pre-Julee Cruise) - for true TWIN PEAKS fans ONLY]
This ultra-rare take has only been heard by a select few industry insiders. Only now in 2013 can this version be heard in its entirety.
- Tom Chatfield – Language and digital identity
All future histories of modern language will be written from a position of explicit and overwhelming information…
- The true web « Snarkmarket
These faint tendrils of connection are almost invisible when quiescent, but then out of nowhere—-hello!—-they light up again.
Snarkmarket waxes poetic on one of the most useful ‘features’ of RSS: it’s impossible to lose touch with websites that go quiet for a time.
- iOS 7 - Matt Gemmell
Where there were previously gloomy cubbyholes and low ceilings, there are now floor-to-ceiling windows, skylights, and clean surfaces.
The windows, skylights and surfaces are all the wrong shape and made of neon.
- Children of the Drone
- A slightly breathless profile of James Bridle/introduction to the New Aesthetic.
- Kompakt: An oral history
As it reaches its 20th anniversary, RA tells the story of one of electronic music’s most celebrated institutions.
Weirdly, I’d forgotten everything I knew about Kompakt before and after the heady days of Schaffelfieber.