- The blog turns 20: a conversation with three internet pioneers
Dave Winer, Megan Hourihan and Justin Hall on the web’s transformation from ‘small village’ to ‘megalopolis’
- Inside the Mind of a Fanboy
- Specifically mobile ‘phone fanboys, supposedly the most bonkers of all fanpeple (a quick skim of Fandom Wank suggests otherwise).
- Kwame Kwei-Armah: ‘I was constantly moaning in London’
When actor and playwright Kwame Kwei-Armah left the UK to become artistic director of Baltimore’s Center Stage theatre in 2011 he jumped headfirst into America’s racial politics…
- Typeset in the Future - 2001: A Space Odyssey
2001: A Space Odyssey – Stanley Kubrick’s 1968 sci-fi masterpiece – seems an appropriate place to start a blog about typography in sci-fi. Amongst other delights, it offers a zero-gravity toilet, emergency resuscitations, exploding bolts, and product placement aplenty. It’s also the Ur Example of Eurostile Bold Extended’s regular appearance in spacecraft user interfaces.
- Academic Torrents
Sharing data is hard. Emails have size limits, and setting up servers is too much work. We’ve designed a distributed system for sharing enormous datasets - for researchers, by researchers.