- Scarlett Johansson quits Oxfam role over SodaStream row
Actress Scarlett Johansson has quit as an ambassador for Oxfam amid a row over her support for an Israeli company that operates in the occupied West Bank.
- The botmaker who sees through the Internet
Darius Kazemi’s little creations are funny, poignant, popular—and a sly commentary on how the Web is organizing our lives
- Harafin So - Bollywood Inspired Film Music from Hausa Nigeria
In the North of Nigeria, people like Bollywood films so much that 20 years ago, they started making their own local productions. The films of Kannywood feature song and dance - and the incredible music that defines Northern Nigeria: Autotuned robotic vocals combined with frenetic drum machines and pitch bending synths for a hybrid of local styles and Indian influence.
- Three charged with stealing food from skip behind Iceland supermarket
Crown Prosecution Service claims there is ‘significant public interest’ in prosecuting men arrested for taking discarded food.
Jolly good. Like most members of the public, I’ve long been incensed by CPS’ failure to prosecute people who eat food out of bins.
- Steve McQueen interviews Kanye West
- I ❤ Kanye even more after reading this.