- Three Mozilla board members—including two former CEOs—step down
- Quite why Mozilla appointed a paid-up homophobe as CEO remains a mystery.
GridCoin is a new peer-to-peer internet based cryptocurrency that aims to benefit humanity by participating in BOINC projects that may lead to advances in medicine, biology, mathematics, science, climatology, and astrophysics.
- The MtGox 500
In February 2014 MtGox, one of the oldest Bitcoin exchanges, filed for bankruptcy protection. On March 9th a group posted a data leak, which included the trading history of all MtGox users from April 2011 to November 2013. The graphs [on this page] explore the trade behaviors of the 500 highest volume MtGox users from the leaked data set. These are the Bitcoin barons, wealthy speculators, dueling algorithms, greater fools, and many more who took bitcoin to the moon.
- ASCII Delimited Text
ASCII 31as your field separator instead of comma or tab, and
ASCII 30as your record separator instead of new line.
- Where Art Meets Gif: The Hypnotic Animated Gifs of David Szakaly
Since 2008 Hungarian/German graphic designer David Szakaly has been churning out some of the most dizzying, hypnotic and wholly original gifs on the web under the name Davidope
- Microsoft makes source code for MS-DOS and Word for Windows available to public
On Tuesday, we dusted off the source code for early versions of MS-DOS and Word for Windows. With the help of the Computer History Museum, we are making this code available to the public for the first time.
- The Scotcoin Project - Creating Digital Opportunities for the Scots People
The Scotcoin Project is a voluntary, opt-in crypto-currency, available to anyone that is over 18 years of age and is located in Scotland.
…with a Facebook or Linkedin account.